The following discounted/complimentary materials are available to RoboNation student teams:
MathWorks is pleased to sponsor the RoboNation Competitions. Each Team participating in a competition is eligible for an offer of Complimentary Software License(s). MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists. Learn more about MathWorks.
Sign up for upcoming MathWorks Webinars!
MathWorks will provide training and technical support to help your team succeed.
Here's how MathWorks will help your team succeed.
Complimentary Access to MATLAB & Simulink
Your team is eligible to receive complimentary access to MATLAB and Simulink. For information about license configuration and to request the software, click here.
Advantages of this license include:
- Ability to download the software on to your own laptop
- Ability to activate on multiple machines so all team members can have access to MATLAB and Simulink
- Access to over 50 toolboxes including:
Getting Started Guide
MathWorks has created a Getting Started Guide just for you! This guide shows you how to control and develop algorithms for Unmanned Vehicle Systems.
Some of the topics discussed are:
- Running MATLAB and Simulink on a Desktop Computer;
- Communicating using UDP, TCP/IP and Serial;
- Deploying an Executable to the Desktop;
- Accelerate MATLAB code using codegen and mex;
- Visualize and Cluster Point Clouds;
- Acquire and Perform Direction of Arrival Estimation on Acoustic Signals; and more!
You can find the Getting Started Guide here.
Complimentary Online training
Your team can take advantage of the various online software training materials.
- Interactive tutorials
- There are a total of five tutorials, narrated by specialists from MathWorks that include interactive exercises to reinforce learning.
- AUVSI Foundation Training Resource Page
- Get started with resources for learning and classroom instruction, and explore the MathWorks products available for these competition. Learn more here.
If you have specific, technical questions, please contact Sergio Biagioni at email@example.com.
We are looking forward to working with you and wish you all the best of luck.
DS SolidWorks is proud to sponsor all RoboBoat and RoboSub teams with software. Apply for a complementary 12-month Student license of SolidWorks with Simulation (RoboBoat, RoboSub, IGVC, SUAS, and IARC teams are eligible) To apply, visit and click on “click here for team sponsorship” to register.