National Security Agency: User Experience (UX) Designer/Researcher
National Security Agency (NSA)
User Experience (UX) Designer/Researcher – Entry/Mid-Level
Fort Meade, MD
Pay Plan: GG, Grade: 07/1 to 12/10
Open: 2020-12-10, Close: 2021-03-10
View the official Job Posting here.
Professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign communications for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to classified national security systems. The need to maintain our core technical workforce is vital to provide the capabilities necessary to successfully execute NSA’s mission. The increased complexity in supporting the mission requires world class researchers, analysts, programmers, and developers working together in order to design and develop advanced tools, techniques, and systems.
As a User Experience Designer/Researcher, you will support the strategy and design for next generation analysis tools for the Intelligence Community. Join us to work at the forefront of product development in an organization that’s focused on promoting consistent processes and practices across the Agency in the areas of user experience engineering, systems engineering, operational engineering and support, and customer outreach. As a User Experience Designer/Researcher, you will be charged with blending both technical expertise and mission knowledge in providing design support for a breadth of analytic and engagement tools.
As a User Experience Designer/Researcher, responsibilities may include:
- Design user experiences for new and existing web and other framework-based applications from concept to completion
- Design workflows and experiences that are intuitive, effective, and accessible
- Apply human factors and cognition principles to the design of tools, systems, tasks, ergonomics, user interfaces, and environments.
- Communicate ideas through low and high fidelity mockups
- Collect and analyze user behaviors and needs through various types of user research (field studies, surveys, lab studies, A/B testing, etc.)
- Convey research findings and/or design approach by communicating to diverse audiences in both written and oral format
- Generate design systems, building on existing structures and designing new approaches
- Design both a short term and long term UX vision for products
- Think critically through complicated challenges to formulate solutions and collaborate with developers and analysts to implement approved designs
NSA is in search of Computer Science professionals to solve complex problems, test innovative approaches and research new solutions to storing, manipulating, and presenting information. We are looking for you to apply your computer science expertise to projects that seek to create new standards for the transformation of information. If you want to develop technologies and tools and be a part of cutting edge innovations; join our team of experts! Help protect national security interests as part of the world’s most advanced team of computer science professionals!